Uruguay Torta Pascualina Egg and Spinach Hors D'oeuvres
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 12 phyllo pastry
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked spinach, squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Brush a 9x12x2 inch baking pan with butter.
- Cover with 3 layers phyllo dough, brushing the surface of each layer with melted butter.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon grated cheese over the third layer. Cover with 3 more layers, brushing each layer with butter.
- Combine 4 tablespoons grated cheese, with the spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cream and flour and mix well.
- Spread over the layered dough and cover with the egg slices. Repeat the procedure with the remaining 6 leaves of dough brushing each layer with butter, brush the top layer generously with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 50 minutes until crisp, flaky and golden. Cut into serving pieces and serve hot or cold. Serves 8.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!