Asparagus Spears-Appetizer/Hors D'oeuvres
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- Cut bacon in half strips.
- Fry in a pan until just beneath Crisp Not to limp.
- Lay on paper towels to degrease the Bacon.
- Cut Asparagus into 5/6 inch lengths. Pick thin Stems not thick. Steam the Asparagus in a Steamer until Tender.
- Cut cheese into thin strips about 5x1/2 inches long.
- Melt Butter.
- White bread. Cut off the crust, and roll out thinly with a rolling pin.
- Lay Asparagus, bacon and cheese on a diagonal into the bread.
- Roll the bread upward and seal with butter.
- spread Butter on top so to brown.
- Put into Broiler until Bread is Browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A friend of mine did something similar for her daughter's bridal shower... she had the white bread without crusts, flattened, the pickled asparagus, and the cream cheese, she did everything except add the bacon and green onions, and she did not bake them, those things were gone within 5 minutes... and she made five trays!! It was the first time I had had pickled asparagus.... I wonder if you could use gluten free bread for this.......
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Ok guess which one is me. Miss two , the third guess is right. laughing my tush off. Retired, and happy about that. Moving to Mexico later this year for a complete and wonderful retirement. I do have a Fav. Cookbook. A friend of mine sent me the Book / The Foods of the Greek Islands by Aglaia Kremezi. Awesome!!!! The recipes are to die for. Usually when I want something different I just turn to the net and/or ZAAR. Pet peeves? People who say they can cook and what they cook is BLAND. ekkkkkkkkks Ok, so as most of you know. Im a Man made woman. I am a Transsexual, and as Ive had surgury, im a complete woman. I have all the attributes of a lady. If you cant stand that, than im sorry for you, and I wish you Adieu. Not ashamed, just living my life as I was meant to do. And Im very very very happy. Wishing to THANK all my newfound friends here for their generous support and love. And the world goes on. Make sure you dont miss the excitement in it. Think there is a hidden message there somewhere. lol