Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
An all time favorite of mine, I got this recipe from Allrecipes posted by Suki. It's fast and easy to make and tastes fantastic. Crusty rolls for mopping up the juices is all that's needed to finish the meal. I use lots more of the red pepper flakes to add zing and probably more feta as well since it's my favorite cheese. It's a real filling dinner for those nights when we want to eat vegetarian and DH requests this one frequently.
- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach leaves, packed
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic, and cook until golden brown. Mix in tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes more, until tomatoes are heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in pasta and feta cheese, and cook until heated through.
This is a great recipe. We eat it about once a month, it is one of our favorites. It is a versitle recipe that you can tweek to fit your mood. We'll often add tofu. One of my husband's favorite veggie dishes.
This recipe is fast, easy and extremely tasty! I didn't use mushrooms either. Thanks for posting!
Spinach and Feta Pasta 5 stars Made for PAC 2008- This is a simple and delicious side dish or light entrÃ©e. I followed to a T except for the mushrooms.(we do not eat them if we can see them) I added more tomatoes and spinach to compensate for missing ingredient. I love feta and garlic so this is right up my alley. Even DH who is not a huge feta eater liked this dish and sid it had a tangy taste that he liked. Served as a side with grilled chicken breasts fruit. Will make this often as a lunch or side for dinner. Another great recipe by my PAC Baby.