Recipe by Cher Jewhurst
An all time favorite of mine, I got this recipe from Allrecipes posted by Suki. It's fast and easy to make and tastes fantastic. Crusty rolls for mopping up the juices is all that's needed to finish the meal. I use lots more of the red pepper flakes to add zing and probably more feta as well since it's my favorite cheese. It's a real filling dinner for those nights when we want to eat vegetarian and DH requests this one frequently.
Top Review by sxschaf
This is a great recipe. We eat it about once a month, it is one of our favorites. It is a versitle recipe that you can tweek to fit your mood. We'll often add tofu. One of my husband's favorite veggie dishes.
- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach leaves, packed
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic, and cook until golden brown. Mix in tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes more, until tomatoes are heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in pasta and feta cheese, and cook until heated through.