Basil Shrimp and Feta Pasta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I love shrimp and feta so this is a real winner. Hope you all agree
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup sauvignon blanc wine
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- 5 roma tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Briskly sauté the onion until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and prawns and sauté just until prawns turn a bright orange color, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, lemon juice and diced tomatoes, mixing thoroughly.
- When tomatoes have softened, add the basil, parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then fold in the feta cheese.
- Heat until the cheese has softened.
- Ladle the sauce over the prepared linguine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was just what I was looking for. "Staging" this helped me get it quickly and easily prepared. I used large pre-cooked shrimp so added them to my pan right before adding feta. I also added another pinch of red pepper flakes for our taste preference. Outstanding recipe, quickly prepared and to the table for dinner!Reply
When I made this I forgot to add the red pepper flakes however, both hubby and I thought that wouldn't have made enough of a difference to make this a keeper recipe. Both of us found it rather tasteless and bland. I was actually quite liberal with the fresh basil too and still, there seemed to be no taste. I doubt I'll make this one again.6Reply
see 3 more