Lemon Pasta Salad With Tomatoes and Feta
photo by Dr. Jenny
- Ready In:
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, zest
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 cups small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers or a combination of both
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and lemon zest in small bowl to blend. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Rinse pasta with cold water to cool quickly and drain again. Transfer pasta to large bowl. Add tomatoes, bell peppers, feta cheese, and green onions. Pour dressing over and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a really refreshing summer salad. It was perfect for a hot day. I loved the lemon/mustard/EVOO combination in the dressing and all the fresh summer veggies with the pasta. I could see this being a really nice side dish at a BBQ. This makes a lot of salad, so DH and I look forward to enjoying this for lunch for days to come. I made no modifications to the recipe and felt that none were needed. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT6 Family Picks.
This is a wonderful pasta salad! I took it over to the neighbor's house for a pot luck dinner and everyone raved about it...especially the dressing. I used about 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (that's all I had) but it still turned out perfectly for us. The feta cheese really puts this over the top. I also like the versatity of this salad. Another great recipe from Scoutie!!!