Greek Style Pasta With Shrimp and Feta
Found this in Creative Everyday Cooking cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canned whole tomatoes in puree
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb pasta (linguine)
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives (chopped)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut onion into thin slices and mince garlic cloves.
- In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the mixture is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, basil and pepper, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat , breaking up the tomatoes with a spoon. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, while you cook the pasta and prepare the shrimp.
- Add the pasta to the boiloing water and cook until al dente 10 to 12 minutes, or according to package directions .
- Shell and devein the shrimp.
- Uncover the sauce and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the olives and half the feta cheese and stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta and serve topped with the shrimp and sauce. Garnish each serving with remaining feta cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is excellent. A wonderful diner can be ready in under 30 minutes. The amount of cheese was reduced considerably but still provided the flavor. The feta was crumbled over the sauce, covered and stirred together prior to serving. The dish was then sprinkled with a touch additional feta and fresh basil. We will miss you Papa D.Reply
We enjoyed this quick to prepare, flavorful shrimp dish for dinner tonight. The only change I made was to use Spanish green manzanilla olives, as I found I used up the last of my kalamatas making other Greek recipes this week. This was fine and worked in the dish. Thanks for posting, Papa D! Made for ZWT6.Reply
see 6 more