Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We are big fans of thai food and spicy food. And curry! This is easy and delicious. Anything can be added (tofu, chicken, shrimp or beef), just cook it first and throw it in! Bok choy is an excellent addition as well!
- 2 -4 tablespoons curry paste (i like red and i use 4)
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup broth
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups Chinese eggplants, cut
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnuts (or both!) or 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot (or both!)
- sticky rice
- heat a wok or large pan over med. heat with the coconut milk. whisk in 2 tbs curry paste. cook for a few minutes until hot and combined.
- add fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and water (you can taste before adding the water, you might not want it!). add more curry if you want now.
- add veggies and bring to a boil. reduce and simmer about 10 mins, or until the tenderness you like.
- serve over sticky rice.
This is an exceptional curry. I decided to cook my veggies first and leave out the broccoli and fish sauce for personal preference. I did add a little chicken soup base and cilantro at the end . This is an easy dish to prepare and is one of the best curries we have ever had. Thank you so much for posting the recipe.
Wonderfully flavored sauce, newmama. Didn't have the eggplant but everything else went together as written. I thickened it a bit at the end and added shrimp.