1/2 Photos of Spicy Seafood Bisque
This spicy soup gets its kick from hot pepper sauce and cayenne pepper. Simple to make and goes great with a lot of different meals, or just as great with a simple salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (can use Old Bay)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb medium shrimp, uncooked, peeled & deveined
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1In a large saucepan, saute the onion and celery in butter until tender.
- 2Add broth, tomato juice, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Discard bay leaf.
- 6Add pasta to the soup; cook, uncovered, until tender.
- 7Add shrimp and crabmeat; simmer 5 minutes longer or until the shrimp turns pink.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Seafood Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 843.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: