With chilli, lemon and coriander in these fish cakes there are plenty of strong flavours and you'll almost certainly want to adjust quantities to taste. I've not made the same mix twice and have tried leaving the skins on - which of course make mashing more of a challenge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g whole meal bread
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 kg salmon (cooked, steamed or poached or whatever leftovers you have)
- 1 kg potato
- 1 kg sweet potato
- 100 g feta
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lemon (juice plus grated rind)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 red chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch coriander (chopped)
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper flakes (to taste when forming the cakes) (optional)
- 1Peel the potatoes and sweet potato and place in a large microwaveable bowl. Add the lemon juice and 1/4 of the chopped coriander, cover with cling film and microwave on full for 10 minutes / until cooked. (Add a little extra water if required).
- 2Whilst the potatoes are cooking, gently fry the onion, garlic, chilli, grated lemon zest & coriander in half the oil until the onions are translucent.
- 3Break up the bread and place in a food processor and blitz into breadcrumbs, adding the Paprika.
- 4Mash the potatoes adding the remaining olive oil and all of the butter.
- 5Stir the fried ingredients, remaining coriander, crumbled feta and egg into the mash. (Add salt and pepper to taste).
- 6Form cakes of your preferred size (If the mixture is too wet to easily form into cakes, add some of the breadcrumbs to improve consistency) and cover with breadcrumbs.
- 7Either fry gently for 5 minutes each side or place on a baking tray and bake on 180Cm, turning once, for 10-15 minutes (or until lightly browned).
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Salmon & Coriander Fish Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (3714 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 292.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: