Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Delicious. Serving size: 2/3 c. chicken mixture and 1/2 cup rice. 434 calories, 12.6 g fat, 37.7 g carb, 88 mg cholesterol
Top Review by A la Carte
I made this for a client yesterday and it was fantastic. I added a drizzle of sesame oil to the cooking oil, and used Sake instead of the white wine. The spicy taste comes from not only the chili but also from the garlic and ginger. This is very "moor-ish". I will make this again soon, so that I can have it rather than have to give it away to a client!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut up into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 dried hot red chili peppers, seeded
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot basmati rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, wine, and chicken to a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal.
- Marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour, turn occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, and cornstarch; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the oil is hot.
- Add in chile pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken mixture; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add in green onions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add in cornstarch mixture and peanuts; bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice.