Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Super yummy dish that is quick and easy to make! This is a huge hit in our house. It has the perfect amount of spice. Note that before you begin, the recipe calls for cooked pasta. This recipe goes really quick once you start making it, so don't start the pasta and the recipe at the same time...or you'll end up overcooking the sauce! Take a look at my picture to see just how yummy it is! Bon Appétit!!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 6 ounces chicken, sauted & sliced
- 3⁄4 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peas
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked
- In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add crushed pepper, salt, black pepper and garlic; sauté just long enough to caramelize and red pepper to release flavor into the oil.
- Add sliced chicken and sauté briefly to coat in spices and garlic.
- Add Marinara Sauce first, then Alfredo Sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through.
- Turn off heat; add peas and incorporate into sauce. Toss pasta and sauce until well combined.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper for garnish.
- Serve with a fresh sliced Italian Loaf.
- **Note: I highly recommend using homemade Marinara & Alfredo Sauces.
This was really good! The 1/2 tbsp. of red pepper flakes was just right, definitely spicy but not TOO spicy. I recommend adding more peas than the recipe calls for. My only complaint was that I used Prego marinara and alfredo sauces and they just didn't seem to have enough flavor. Will have to experiment with a different brand next time.
I used garlic powder instead of the garlic (we didn't have any on hand) and added a little extra red pepper flakes (my family likes spice) and it was amazing! Thanks for sharing!!