Buca Di Beppo Little Hat Pasta with Spicy Chicken
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 inch square pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced and blanched
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb orecchiette (little hat pasta)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- In a large sautepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and saute until brown.
- Add broccoli, zucchini and salt; cook until tender and brown, about five minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook the pasta until al dente.
- Prior to draining the pasta, take 1/4 cup of the hot water and add it to the sauce along with the tomato.
- Drain the pasta very well.
- Place the pasta back into the pot with the sauce and the cheese.
- Toss very well, until the sauce is completely incorporated.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Had everything on hand except the zuchinni so left out. I only added 1 teaspoon of pepper flakes and still found to be way too spicey to eat. I also added less oil as this seemed like way too much. I will try to make again maybe if my family will let me as not their favorite and they like spicey food. I even added a can of chopped tomatoes. Looks nice...sorry only two this time.