Roasted Chicken Rigatoni With Mushrooms and Broccoli Sauce
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1hr 34mins
- 2 chicken, marylands
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 150 g small broccoli florets
- 300 g rigatoni pasta
- 200 g sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Season Chicken with salt and pepper and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and stand for 15 minutes. Once cooled, discard skin, pull meat off bone and tear into bite size pieces.
- Place cream, garlic and thyme in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer then turn off heat to let flavours infuse.
- Blanch brocooli in a medium pot of salted boiling water for about 4 minutes, until just tender. Drain and set aside on paper towels to absorb any extra water.
- Place broccoli in a food processeor and pour in the cream mixture (discarding the thyme). Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and cook for 3-4 mintues until reheated. Pour broccoli sauce over chicken and toss to combine.
- Drain pasta and add to frying pan. Carefully combine and pour onto serving platter. Garnish with parmesan and serve immediately.
- Apparently goes nicely with a Chardonnay.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well, I am very passionate about cooking and love discovering new recipes. I love participating in the events since I'm always finding new recipes that I wouldn't have found on my own. My housemates and boyfriend all enjoy our food adventures and I love to leave people positive reviews and nice ish photos.