Grilled Chicken Rigatoni With Pesto Alfredo Sauce
photo by mommyluvs2cook
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper (or black)
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dry julienned sun-dried tomato
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Cook the rigatoni according to package directions. Drain, place back in the pot, and stir in the olive oil (to avoid sticking).
- Grill the chicken breasts on an indoor grill, 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Cut into strips.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in the flour until smooth and pasty.
- Add milk gradually, whisking well after each small addition, then until no clumps can be seen.
- Add the sundried tomatoes.
- Heat over medium, whisking constantly, until heated and thick (sauce will thicken the more you cook it).
- Add the pesto sauce and mix well.
- Sprinkle the parmesan in, and whisk.
- Add the crushed garlic,chopped tomato, white (or black) pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Remove from heat, and add salt to taste.
- Pour over rigatoni, mix and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is really good! Very rich - tastes like cream was used & I used skim milk!! Grilling the chicken is a must - gives it another dimension of flavour. I omitted the fresh tomato because I didn't have one on hand. I was a little worried when adding the milk - the sauce looked like dough for a bit but gradually the milk mixed in nicely.