Recipe by Tish
These are good for you muffins that are great as a coffee companion in the morning.
Top Review by sherrirod
Very good!! I used all white flour bcz. I don't have whole wheat. They were very light. Perfect for breakfast or late night snack. Will try using applesauce for much of the oil next time and maybe up the spice amounts a little, but really enjoyed as is. Thanks Tish for a delicious way to use up the zucchini.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (use fresh if possible)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease and paper muffin tins.
- Mix the eggs, oil, sugar, sour cream, and zucchini together in a large bowl.
- Do not overmix.
- Add the two flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, fruit and walnuts, if using.
- (it's best if you sift the dry ingredients together before adding) Do not overmix, but make sure that all the batter is mixed together.
- Pour into muffins tins and bake approximately 20 minutes.