Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Adopted 8/17/06 Note Oil was removed. It was used to saute the onion which you can do just as well with broth.
Top Review by Cindy Rose
This had a wonderful combination of flavors. I added a bit of chopped fresh ginger. Next time I might add a bit more apple. It was extremely easy to prepare. Will definitely make it again.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Finely chopped
- 4 cups red cabbage, Coarsely shredded
- 1 cup apple, peeled, chopped
- 2 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet, over medium heat saute the onion until tender.
- Add cabbage, apple, cloves and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer about 20 min or until cabbage is tender.
- If cabbage gets dry, add a small amount of water or broth.
- Add sugar and vinegar to cabbage mixture; toss gently.
- Cover and cook about 5 min longer.