- Ready In:
- 4 ounces extra-firm silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Crumble tofu with your fingers.
- Combine with nutritional yeast.
- Mix together soy sauce, turmeric, onion powder and garlic powder; add to tofu mixture.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add tofu mixture to skillet.
- Cook over medium to high heat, turning with an egg turner or spatula, for several minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- VARIATION: If desired, you can make Vegetable Scrambled Tofu.
- Before adding tofu to the skillet, saute 2 sliced mushrooms, 1 T chopped onion and 1 T chopped green pepper.
- Add tofu and continue as above.
- To add additional color use a bit more tumeric. It is what supplies the color.
Join The Conversation
We tried this ages ago without the nutritional yeast, and I hated it. We tried this again today, with the yeast, making 3 batches, decreasing the amount of the yeast each time. It seems to us that 1 tsp. with 4 oz. of tofu works best. Also, we left out the water; silken is moist enough. Next time, we'll do this with the veggies.
I didn't have silken tofu, so I used extra firm and drained it for about 30 minutes. I doubled the amount of onion and garlic powder and added some spike seasoning. I sauteed red and green bells, mushrooms along with green onions before adding the tofu to the skillet. I thought it was very good. A very nice substitute for eggs, for the vegans in the house. Oh ya, I added a dash of frank's hot sauce, which is good on so many things.