1/5 Photos of Spiced Irish Oatmeal (Diabetic Friendly)
I enjoy oatmeal for brekkie on cooler days. I also love to add spice to pretty much everything. This hits the spot. Makes 6 *diabetic legal* servings of 1/2 a cup each.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute, equivalent to 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 dash ground cloves or 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3 cups nonfat milk (optional)
- 1In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the water, steel-cut oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, allspice, and cloves or nutmeg.
- 2Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 3Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until desired doneness and consistency, stirring occasionally.
- 4Serve with milk on the side.
- 5Makes 3 cups (six 1/2-cup servings).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Irish Oatmeal (Diabetic Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.3
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g