Cranberry-Orange Muffins ( Diabetic Friendly)
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 cup coarsley cut cranberries
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Combine cranberries and sugar while sifting dry ingredients together -- then add and stir into dry ingredients.
- Combine egg, juice and oil and grated peel and add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin cups, lightly sprayed or into paper muffin liners (or a loaf pan).
- Bake muffins at 375 degs for 25".
- Bake loaf at 350 degs for 50".
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Live in Northern Minnesota on Lake Superior Retired Take care of my home, travel, cook, read and enjoy my family. Hardly ever use cookbooks anymore; have two favorite internet sites, Recipezaar being one. Am a compulsive cook...now that my family is grown and gone ,I find myself looking for people to give my latest cooking adventures to!!