Yummy Low Carb Gingersnaps-Diabetic Friendly!!!
photo by Pneuma
- Ready In:
- Cream butter, Splenda, molasses and vinegar together until blended.
- Beat in eggs.
- In separate bowl mix all dry ingredients and blend into butter/sugar mixture.
- Will be a very firm dough.
- Break off pieces and roll into 3/4 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten to disk size 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes only.
- They will not darken so don't overbake.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately to prevent further cooking.
- Enjoy while still warm!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great diabetic cookies! I made these a little lower carb by using 3/4 cup soy flour and 1/4 cup flaxseed meal and 1 cup whole wheat flour in place of that amount of the white flour. That took them to 7 grams carbs each and .5 gram dietary fiber. Thanks, we'll definitely make these again. And to the low carb naysayers, how many cookies do you know of with this few carbs in them?!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've waited to fill out my about me page because I wanted to get a "feel" for the people here and how they affect my life. I would like to say it was been wonderful. I have made many friends here and the support and comfort conveyed when needed has been incredible! I own my own daycare and am buying the house I grew up in! I will be branching out to a daycare center in the next five years so hopefully then I'll be able to do the house renovations I would like to do. I am addicted to this site and am here daily. UC86 is a personal friend of mine who I met when pregnant and was looking for a labor coach. She held my youngest before I did! I look forward to making many friends here on Zaar and hope to be a friend to many along the way!