Big B's Pancakes (Dairy Free, Diabetic Friendly)
My late dad was a fabulous cook. My mouth waters when I think about his concoctions. He owned a pancake parlour and this is his pancake recipe that he used and that I memorized as a young girl. Fortunately it is dairy free so it works well for my dairy allergic son. My dad insisted that this recipe worked better if the batter aired for at least an hour prior to cooking. The batter can last in the fridge for up to 24 hours. I usually use 2 pans simultaneously to halve the cooking time, so the cooking time specified in this recipe is for the whole batch using 2 pans.
- Ready In:
- Mix all ingredients with an electric beater until smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on high.
- Pour enough batter into pan to cover the bottom.
- Shake the pan gently after 2-3 minutes; if the pancake lifts, it is cooked; if not, cook for another few minutes and try shaking it again until cooked.
- Flip or turn and fry on other side for 2-3 minutes until brown.
- Fill with mince or cheese for a savoury meal, or with cinnamon & sugar for a snack or ice cream & chocolate sauce for dessert.