Recipe by alvinakatz
This recipe came from a friend who got it from an old lady who was famous for it at her church functions.
Top Review by Debbwl
I barely got a chance to taste this before it was gone. I cut the recipe in half and made in a 9x9 baking for 30 minutes, put it out to cool while I ran an earn when I got home there was only one corner left. The hint of tartness from the rhubarb combined with that sweet crumbly toping made for a nice snack cake. Thanks for the post.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped into 1 inch pieces
For streusel topping
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternatively with buttermilk, beating just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb. Pour into greased bundt pan.
- Combine topping ingeredients, sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.