Recipe by dojemi
This is one of my adopted recipes which I have not made yet.
Top Review by rAidan
This dish turned out pretty well. Quite tasty and relatively simple to make, one thing to watch out for is adding too much water and making the rice gluggy. Better to add smaller amounts of water more regularly during the simmering.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped, 1 Md
- 1 cup rice, Regular, Uncooked
- 2⁄3 cup green bell pepper, Chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 5 slices bacon, Crisp, Crumbled
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir the meat and onion in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- TO COOK IN A SKILLET: Heat the mixture to boiling then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, about 30 minutes. (A small amount of water can be added if necessary.)
- TO COOK IN THE OVEN: Pour the mixture into an ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees F, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.