Rotel Spanish Rice
photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- Fry bacon in skillet until browned.
- Remove from skillet, crumble, and set aside.
- Do not remove bacon grease from skillet!
- Melt butter in skillet and add onion, pepper and garlic.
- Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the Rotel, green chiles and chicken broth and simmer approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Add the rice, cover and simmer approximately 20 minutes.
- Crumble bacon on top and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is relatively simple to make. I used the recipe as written except I used red bell pepper instead of green and omitted the green chilies. In order for the rice to get fully cooked, I would suggest being certain to bring the liquid to a good boil first and not just a simmer. If it doesn't boil first it will need to simmer longer than 20 minutes once the rice is added. It was delicious.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm 48 years of age and just moved to the lovely state of South Carolina. We have 2 grown children, 3 glorious grandsons and a new granddaughter. I'm a SAHW, DH works for a Ford dealership. Love to cook, grow tomatoes & herbs, read and shop.</p>