Prep 7 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love this dish, it's simple & tastes great. You can use fresh tomatoes if you like but the tinned ones give the dish more sauce so that's what I use. Goes great with my Buttered Wine Rice
- 4 lamb leg chops
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, sliced (bell pepper)
- 150 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (420 g) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook chops in a little oil for 3-4 minutes, turn & cook for a further 3-4 minutes, remove from pan while you prepare sauce.
- Add onion & capsicum to pan juices and cook gently until soft, approx 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir over a medium heat until they begin to soften.
- Add tomatoes, wine, & herbs & season to taste.
- Allow mixture to cook for 2-3 mins before returning chops to pan to heat through, then serve.
When I went to make these I found I was out of capsicum! Aaaaugh! So I added one fresh tomato and put in some paprika. I added some green olives as well. All the same it was delicious! Easy to follow instructions. I'll make it again with the capsicum next time!
A delcious combination of store cupboard ingredients - well, freezer as well! This was eaten with gusto tonight and was made because I had all the ingredients on hand, with some cheeky little lamb chops in the freezer! One slight substitute - I only had red pepper, not green pepper - but the colours were deep and red and very cheerful! Made for ZWT3 - thanks Mandy for a brilliant mid-week meal idea! FT:-)
This is a lovely dish, and so quick and easy to make. I doubled the parsley and added 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 20 grinds of pepper. In future, I'll also double the basil and oregano, and add a clove or two of garlic. Tonight we had it served over mashed potatoes, which was a perfect way to soak up the sauce. Thanks, Mandy.