Simple Rosemary Lamb Chops
photo by Justin M.
- Ready In:
- 8 lamb chops
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat the butter and olive oil together in a fry pan.
- Pepper the lamb chops well.
- Put them into the hot oil and then turn over after a minutes so that they are sealed and seared to keep the juices inches.
- On the top side only add 3/4 of the fresh rosemary. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn the chops over and cook for as long as you need to get the insides to the "doneness" that you prefer, add a small amount of salt once you have turned them over.
- If you like your chops to be cooked though, turn the heat down just a little at this point so that they don't burn.
- Drain off the excess fat and serve with the remaining rosemary sprinkled on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
*Reviewed for Zaar World Tour 3 * Great simple lamb dish. We cooked ours on the BBQ and used fresh rosemary from our garden. We used lamb leg chops in preference to the sirloin. My husband thought it was great that I was taking a photo of one of his meals (but I did the veges, of course!). Thanks kiwidutch for another great recipe. We have a photo for you as well- served with glazed carrots and steamed baby potatoes.
see 15 more reviews