Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My kids both love iCarly. As with so many others, they saw the episode where they were eating Spaghetti Tacos and begged me to make them. This was my attempt at them, and I have to say, we were all pretty impressed with them!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) box spaghetti noodles
- 12 hard taco shells
- salsa (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Brown meat in pan until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes, until sauce thickens. Add spaghetti sauce and cook until warmed. Add to noodles and mix thoroughly.
- To assemble the tacos, place a spoonful of salsa in the shell. Sprinkle with a small amount of cheese. Finally, finish filling the shell with spaghetti. Add lettuce on top, if desired.
- Very messy, but very yummy!
Very good!!! My daughter has been begging me to make spaghetti tacos for a while. Finally did and they were delicious. Will make again.
My daughter also wanted me to make this. I thought it was ok. Very messy, but I think that's sort of the point. I didn't use the whole packet of taco seasoning because my husband doesn't like taco seasoning. I think the whole packet (as the recipe calls for) would have made it better. Darn picky husbands!