Recipe by Pansori
While visiting my mom we found this recipe in a magazine. We tweaked on it a little bit, and instead of shredding the chicken, we just cubed it and rolled it up in the tortilla with everything else. It was delicious! My brother LOVED this! He couldn't get enough of it.
Top Review by Breezytoo
These are delicious!! The only change I made was to increase the amount of the chicken (I shredded) to an extra cup and I used a can of diced green chilis in place of the jalapenos as a personal choice. Such a great combo of ingredients! I used a colby/monterey jack cheese blend and served with Mexican rice for a tasty and easy dinner. Thanks for sharing this great recipe :) Made for PAC Spring 09
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, , optional
- 1 cup cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, , divided
- 10 -12 6-inch flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- additional salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the first 8 ingredients and 1/2 cup cheese in a food processor; blend until smooth.
- spread evenly over tortillas.
- roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in.
- x 9-in.
- x 2-in.
- baking dish.
- cover and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand until cheese is melted.
- serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.