Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Seasoned French Fries with a southern taste.
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 low-sodium beef bouillon cube, mashed
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup lard
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Peel and cut potatoes into long thin strips.
- In a large bowl combine water, sugar and corn syrup.
- Add potatoes to bowl and soak for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix potato starch, flour and milk.
- Remove potatoes from water, and coat evenly in potato starch,flour,milk mixture.
- Season potatoes with salt,pepper,paprika,garlic &onion powders and bouillon.
- Heat lard in medium pan until fully melted.Place potatoes in pan and fry for 3 minutes turning once.Remove potatoes from lard and pat dry.
- Place potatoes in Ziplock bag, and freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350, remove potatoes from Ziplock Bag, and fry in oil for about 7- 10 minutes or until potatoes are nicely golden brown.
- Serve Hot.