30-Minute Seasoned Sweet Potato / Yam Fries (Baked Not Fried)
Perfectly zesty sweet potato fries to accompany veggie burgers and a ton of other dishes-- you'll love them even if you're not as big a fan of sweet potatoes!
- Ready In:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and leave the skin on (best part.).
- I like using a french fry cutter (it works sort of like those apple corer/slicer things) for this but if you don't have one, just use a knife to cut the potatoes into shoestrings.
- Put the raw fries into a mixing bowl, and pour in the olive oil. Toss well to coat.
- Add the seasonings and toss well again.
- Arrange the fries on a baking sheet and bake at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Turn the fries with a spatula and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Blot any excess oil with paper towels, serve, and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are very good fries with little effort or ingredients. The fries were very sweet but I attribute that to the ingredients letting the sweetness of the potatoes do all the work. I followed the directions but did do for 15 min per side, and then to broil for about 3-4 minutes at the end because I like my fries crispy. I burned the tips of some, but most were otherwise perfect. Will definitely make these again!Reply
Delicious! I made these as a side to "Hamburgers" Recipe #10428 and we had a great meal! I took Bergy's suggestion and baked them at 375 for 30 minutes total; flipping them over half way thru baking time. I made a mustard dipping sauce for them. Thanks for posting a healthy alternative to french fries:)Reply
see 13 more