Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cream brown sugar and butter.
- Add sour cream and eggs, mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- Stir flour mixture into the sour cream mixture until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Mix together sugar and remaining cinnamon and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Charlotte, Made this for the gang at camp and the muffins received rave reviews! The smell of cinnamon coming from the oven brought the tenters into the camp for coffee and muffins at dawn. Will certainly make these again. Barb
Rhubarb flavor is gentle and not overpowering to the other ingredients. Easy to make, very good.
These were good. I really like the burst sour taste you get when you bite into a piece of rhubarb. Easy to make and a good way to use up some of your surplus rhubarb.