Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, milk, and oil in a small bowl; stir into flour mixture with a fork JUST until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb and sliced strawberries.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Press a strawberry half gently into top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle tops generously with sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20- 25 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
Made these for Easter morning (with the leftover fruits for a pie). These were very easy to make. I took a hint from ksparker's advice and coated the strawberries and rhubarb in 1/8 cup of sugar before mixing it into the mix. No tartness here. :) Thanks for this delightful recipe to unberry ourselves. :)