Sour Cream Banana Streusel Muffins
photo by Crafty Lady 13
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 medium ripe bananas, , 1-cup (, 1-cup)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl beat eggs, sour cream, butter and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- For streusel, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have a banana muffin recipe already but I wanted to try one with a streusel topping so I tried this! Since I try to stay away from white flour I subbed it with whole wheat pastry flour. Instead of 1 cup sugar I used 1/2 cup brown sugar & 1/2 cup Splenda. Used applesauce for the butter, 1 tsp cinn & fat free plain yogurt for the sour cream. I also used Splenda for the sugar in the streusel & lite butter. There's not a HUGE banana flavor to these muffins, just a mild flavor but the topping is wonderful. Thanks so much.
Wow, beautiful and delicious! The whole house smells wonderful while these are baking. Had to make some substitutions and they were still great! Made topping just as directed. Had to substitute half sour cream and half plain yougurt, was short just a little on banana and subbed 2 T. applebutter, subbed canola oil for butter in batter and used half sugar and half splenda in the batter also. This recipe is a keeper for sure!