Banana Muffins With Sour Cream
A mellow banana flavored muffin which stays soft. This recipe makes 12 jumbo muffins, or 24 medium muffins
- Ready In:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar,then on low speed, beat in the sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing lightly only until blended.
- If desired, add one cup chocolate chips and/or 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- With an ice cream scoop, spoon into greased muffin tins, makes 12 large or 24 medium muffins.
- Bake at 375°F about 20 minutes or until firm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I give only 4 stars because I did change the recipe from it's original, I added a cup of applesauce and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. As the other reviewed stated the muffins were dry, mine came out moist and quite yummy, they were especially tasty straight out of the oven. Thanks for the new reciprReply
see 2 more