Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is a Kraft recipe. I am looking for recipes free of all my DD's allergies. This worked very well. I just had to leave out the onions and use my dairy free sour cream for the cream cheese and it turned out quite tasty!
Top Review by JennyMidget
This was quite nice - we used ricotta instead of cream cheese, so got a different consistency of sauce, but still very tasty. I wonder whether the addition of a few more vegetables might benefit - we did have a lot of carrots to use up so were grateful for the recipe, but it's very "carrotty"!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 lb carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir bacon in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet, drain on paper towels, and discard drippings from skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done (165° F).
- Transfer chicken to plate and keep warm.
- Add vegetables and 1/2 C broth to skillet; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in remaining broth and cream cheese; cook uncovered, 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon rice onto serving plate and top with chicken, sauce and bacon.