Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Kraft recipe. I am looking for recipes free of all my DD's allergies. This worked very well. I just had to leave out the onions and use my dairy free sour cream for the cream cheese and it turned out quite tasty!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 lb carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Cook and stir bacon in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet, drain on paper towels, and discard drippings from skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done (165° F).
- Transfer chicken to plate and keep warm.
- Add vegetables and 1/2 C broth to skillet; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in remaining broth and cream cheese; cook uncovered, 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon rice onto serving plate and top with chicken, sauce and bacon.
This was quite nice - we used ricotta instead of cream cheese, so got a different consistency of sauce, but still very tasty. I wonder whether the addition of a few more vegetables might benefit - we did have a lot of carrots to use up so were grateful for the recipe, but it's very "carrotty"!