Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast With Sauerkraut and Kielbasa
- Preheat the broiler in the oven. Place the roast in a roasting pan, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves (hubby not a fan of thyme, I used parsley), and season with salt and pepper.
- Place under the broiler for 10 – 15 minutes, until lightly browned in several places.
- Place 2 lbs of the sauerkraut in the slow cooker.
- Place the roast in the center over the sauerkraut, topped with apples.
- Optional: Add quartered red potatoes, and thin sliced carrots.
- Arrange kielbasa pieces around the edges of the crock.
- Cover with remaining sauerkraut.
- Cover. Cook on High for 6 hours.