Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
A nice fall/winter recipe. From getcrocked.com
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- 4 lbs sauerkraut
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 3-inch piece
- 1 -2 apple, medium to large, chopped
- Preheat the broiler in the oven. Place the roast in a roasting pan, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves (hubby not a fan of thyme, I used parsley), and season with salt and pepper.
- Place under the broiler for 10 – 15 minutes, until lightly browned in several places.
- Place 2 lbs of the sauerkraut in the slow cooker.
- Place the roast in the center over the sauerkraut, topped with apples.
- Optional: Add quartered red potatoes, and thin sliced carrots.
- Arrange kielbasa pieces around the edges of the crock.
- Cover with remaining sauerkraut.
- Cover. Cook on High for 6 hours.