Recipe by Tee Lee
I don't normally like recipes with cream of ___ soup in them, but this one I came up with is delicious! Definitely easy comfort food! *** Update: I tried this with 1/4 cup Burgundy wine and 1/2 cup beef broth and it was delicious! For a change, try a mixture of wine and broth.
Top Review by LiisaN
Very easy and tasty! I was in a hurry so I used my pressure cooker. I browned the meat first in oil with the onion, then added the rest of the ingredients. I had brought the mixture to a boil then pressured cooked it for 20 minutes. My youngest said it was the best beef tips I'd made and asked to have them at least once a week. That comment speaks for itself! Thanks!!!
- 907.18 g lean stewing beef, cubed
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup (or low-fat)
- 35.43 g envelope dry onion soup mix
- 28.34 g envelope mushroom gravy mix or 28.34 g envelope beef gravy mix
- 177.44 ml beef broth (or beef broth mixed with Burgundy wine)
- 236.59 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 340.19 g wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in the slow cooker.
- Combine mushroom soup, onion soup mix and gravy mix in a bowl until well blended. Stir in beef broth.
- Add mushrooms and onions to mixture, then pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Cook egg noodle according to directions on package.
- Spoon beef mixture over hot noodles and serve.