Beef Tips & Noodles
A versatile recipe to which I add onion and garlic. Suggest a tbsp of ketchup or a dash of V-8 juice. From the Budgeteers Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 lbs beef caps
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- vegetable oil
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- Sprinkle beef tips with salt and pepper. Coat with flour. Brown in heavy skillet over high heat in small amount of oil.
- Reduce heat and add bouillon. Add Worcestershire sauce. Cover and simmer until beef tips are tender, about 1 hour. If necessary, add add water or broth to maintain 2 C of broth at the end of cooking period.
- Stir 2 Tbsp flour into small amount of water and add to broth. Cook until thickened.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve hot noodles covered with beef and gravy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I used bison stew meat seasoned with salt, pepper, and montreal steak seasoning. I didn't have enough flour so used a seafood flour mix (seasoned) to flour the meat. I also added a package of demi-glace made with 1/4 cup of red wine (needed to get rid of it) to the beef broth/Worcestershire sauce and the smell is out of this world!