Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From BBC Good Food magazine.
- 0 kg leg of lamb
- 1 kg onion (about 4 large)
- 3-4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 300 ml red wine
- 59.16 ml fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Season meat well and fry in a 3 Tbsp olive oil over a high heat in a dutch oven about 8 minutes, turning until evenly browned.
- Remove to a plate.
- Thinly slice the onions and fry in dutch oven about 10 minutes until softened and browned, but not burnt.
- Add thyme sprigs.
- Return lamb to dutch oven and add wine.
- cover tightly and bake 3 hours.
A delicious recipe which I made in the crock pot, and it worked beautifully this way! Used Bordeaux wine and fresh thyme from my garden and used two onions as we like onions. I served this steamed potatoes and carrots with peas. Made for Thyme, the January Herb in the French Forum and Two for One leftovers in the Photo's Forum, many thanks for posting. FT:-)