A dish thats easy and quick. Tastes good too!
Make and share this Skillet Chicken and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Brown chicken pieces, in oil, over medium heat in a 12-inch skillet with non stick coating, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Drain fat from skillet, if necessary.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, rice, onion, bouillon, poultry seasoning, 2 cups water, and salt.
- Place chicken atop rice mixture.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes on medium-low, or until chicken and rice are done.
- Serves 4.
Make room in your cook book for this dish! Miss Annie uses poultry seasoning to transform a simple chicken and rice dish into an addiction. I thin sliced the carrots and mushrooms and browned the onions and mushrooms. I might add a bit more poultry seasoning next time because it enhances the the other flavors without dominating. Thank you Ann, I will make this often and share the recipe with my family and friends.
I was in one of those "I have stuff to make but don't want to make any of it for dinner" ruts, but knew I had to use up the chicken and mushrooms in the fridge, so I found this recipe. I used only 12oz of boneless skinless breast which I chopped and cooked with olive oil spray before cooking the rice mixture. I used brown rice (and had to add a bit more water as a result). I mixed in some thawed frozen spinach at the end, and now this fantastic, not-too-high-calorie dinner is ready! If I add a little cheese to it, I am sure even my picky two-old will eat it. Good stuff.
Pretty good. As some other reviewers noted, it needs more salt.