One Skillet Cheesy Chicken and Rice
This is delicious! A bit on the spicy side, but very tolerable. This is a VERY easy dish to make, and only dirties one skillet...hardly any clean up! I
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 1 cup mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (more if you like hotter foods)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and chicken. Stir occasionally. Cook for 4-5 minutes until chicken cooked almost all the way through.
- Add rice and toast for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, enchilada sauce, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook, covered, 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat.
- Spread cheese over the top, replace cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and chopped cilantro when serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 8 more