Mexican Chicken and Rice
photo by lets.eat
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup uncooked uncle ben converted rice
- 1 cup salsa (Mild, medium or hot to your taste)
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Toss the chicken cubes with taco seasoning.
- In a heavy skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the oil and add the chicken and cook, stirring, until it changes color.
- Stir in rice and stir to mix.
- Add salsa and water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and allow to cook about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand about 5 minutes before serving.
- If you like, you may sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm disable now for a couple years. I was in sales for 25 years and was a policeman for 5 years before that and just floated around a few years before that. I've been married to the same gal for 30 years, got two sons and two grandchildren. I got into the recipe seen and have got hooked on it, I'm not a cook but I'm learning as I go. Enjoy reading the different recipes.