Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the tastiest, creamiest, most wonderful lasagna I've ever had. To DIE for!!
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained (can use the no-cook type)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cupsshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (26 ounce) jarclassico basil spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 1 lb ground beef, crumbled,cooked and drained
- 1 (17 ounce) jarclassico alfredo sauce or 1 (17 ounce) jarsun-dried tomato alfredo pasta sauce (I use the latter)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine, if desired
- 1 tablespoon sugar, added to the marinara sauce,if desired
- If using regular lasagna noodles, cook as directed on package.
- Combine cheese& eggs; mix together well.
- Lightly spray baking dish with vegetable spray such as Pam.
- If using wine and/or the sugar, mix with marinara.
- Spread 1 cup marinara sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- At this point, if you care to, you can mix the remainer of the marinara sauce with the cooked ground beef.
- Easier and faster to layer that way.
- Lay 4 noodles on sauce in dish.
- Spread 1/2 the cheese mixture on noodles.
- Layer 1/2 the spinach on top of cheese mixture.
- Spread 1/2 the ground beef and marinara on top of spinach layer.
- Repeat layers once again: noodles, cheese, spinach, ground beef and marinara.
- Add one more layer of noodles.
- Spread jar of Alfredo Sauce over last layer of noodles.
- Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 15 minutes more.
- Can sprinkle more grated Parmesan on top for the last 15 minutes if desired.
- After cooking, it helps to let it sit for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- Reduces the filling running out of the lasagna layers.
I've made this quite a few times over the past few years, just now getting around to rating it. I love this recipe. Slightly different than the usual and very good!
Very good Lasagna. I cooked this several weeks ago and it was well received. I was a little worried about using the spinach because my husband says he doesn't like it but he ate every bite. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This was a really good lasagne recipe. I was pleasantly suprised by the flavor of the Classico sauces. I made this recipe without the wine or sugar. I used ground beef and the sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce. Next time I will used ground pork and try the wine and sugar in the marinara. I'm really impressed with how easy it was to throw together, but I thought that it needed some more flavor. I'll probably add some onion to the meat and some fresh parsley and oregano to the cheese mixture. Thank you for posting a recipe that is so quick and has so many possiblities. I will be passing this one along.