Amazingly Rich Lasagna
If you love lasagna and want something with a rich taste this is it! This recipe is a little different than traditional lasagna...I got bored w/the normal cottage cheese or ricotta recipe and came up with this one! My boyfriend absolutely loves it and asks me on regular basis to make it again!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 gloves minced garlic
- 1⁄2 box barilla 'ready for oven' lasagna noodle (or brand of your choice)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar plain spaghetti sauce (again, I used Barilla)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar 3 cheese blend spaghetti sauce (you guessed it, Barilla)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray bottom of casserole dish (I use 13X9, can use larger). Brown hamburger meat in pan, add 3 gloves garlic before fully browned. Drain any fat. Stir in jar of plain spaghetti sauce and 1/2 jar of 3 cheese blend sauce. Heat til warm/bubbly.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, ricotta, parmesan, 3 1/2 C mozzarella, and 2 eggs. Add oregano, parsely, and garlic powder. Stir until combined, mixture will be thick.
- To assemble lasagna, pour 1/2 C remaining 3 cheese blend sauce onto bottom of pan. Place 3-4 lasagna noodles on top of sauce, overlapping edges of pasta a little, spread 1/2 cheese mixture onto pasta, top with meat sauce, repeat. Pour remaining 1/2 C 3 cheese blend sauce onto top layer of noodles, top with remaining 1/2 C mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool about 10 minutes and enjoy!