1/16 Photos of Simple Sweet Scones
This is a simple perfectly delicious recipe my mom used to make for our family. It origioually came from a biscuits and scones recipe book, this one was always my favorite of all the recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425°F (220 Celsius).
- 2Put flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; stir mix well Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers, until the mixture looks like fine granduals.
- 3Add sugar; toss to mix.
- 4Add milk and stir with a fork until dough forms.
- 5Form dough into a ball and turn smooth side up.
- 6Pat or roll into a 6 inch circle.
- 7cut each circle into 6 or 8 wedges.
- 8place wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet- slightly apart for crisp sides, touching for soft.
- 9sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon and sugar on each scone.
- 10Bake about 12 minutes, or until medium brown on top.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Sweet Scones
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 195.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g