Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sandwich is so simple but sooooo delicious. My mother would make this for me as a special lunch...who knew it was so easy!
- 4 slices bread
- 4 slices salami (the larger slices like the Oscar Meyer prepackaged)
- 1 onion (small to medium, cut into thin rings)
- yellow mustard (to taste)
- Sautee the onion rings in a skillet with a tiny bit of oil.
- While the onions cook, cut a small slit in the middle of each salami slice. If you don't do this, once the salami starts to cook, it will curl up.
- Once the onions are about halfway done, add the salami. Brown on both sides.
- Slather mustard on each slice of bread.
- Place 2 slices of the salami and half the onions on a slice of bread and top with a slice of bread. Do the same for the second sandwich.
Oh my goodness...I love the salami sandwiches with mustard...now I KNOW I will love them even more with onion. Thank you for a great idea!