This is great on pasta or rice. It's very easy and doesn't use a lot of ingredients. You could even add a can of Cannellini or Pinto beans (drained and rinsed) when you add the tomatoes to make the foundation for a basic sausage stew.
- In a medum-sized sauce pan, brown sausage, bell pepper and onion. Make sure vegies are tender.
- Drain off grease.
- Add stewed tomatoes, green onion 1-2 Tbsp of flour (for thickening--I added this to the tomatoes in separate medium-sized bowl and mixed it vigorously with a whisk. Then I added it, along with the green onion to the pan. If you like a thin sauce, don't do this step).
- Bring to a boil over HIGH heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce to low-med, simmer covered for 15 min and uncovered for 15 min, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta or rice with a nice salad on the side with garlic bread.