Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Good served with baked beans or as a hot dog relish.
- 1 medium green cabbage head
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Shred cabbage and carrots then chopped them a bit. Chop green pepper and onion and combine with cabbage.
- Boil the vinegar, sugar, salt, and spices, only until they are well blended.
- Pour over the slaw and allow it to set for several hours before serving. Store in refrigerator.
This cole slaw was good but a bit more tangy than we like it. Only made 1/2 recipe and I did refrigerate over night and tossed well before serving.