Recipe by Noo
Quick, easy, very tasty AND its chocolate-what more do you want?
Top Review by Kiwi Kathy
Definitely easy and quick to make. I ended up with 16 biscuits from the mix. I would suggest a cooking time of 20 minutes or even less would be better. Mine baked for slightly over the 20 minute mark and a few ended up slightly charred around the edges. Nice crunchy texture as you'd expect from a cookie. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap May 2013.
- 0.17 lb softened unsalted butter
- 0.17 lb caster sugar
- 0.22 lb dark chocolate (I use one containing 70% cocoa solid)
- 0.17 lb plain white flour
- 0.11 lb plain whole wheat flour (or just substitute for white)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and line a baking sheet with non stick paper.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Melt 75g of the chocolate. Chop the remaining chocolate into little chunks.
- Add the melted chocolate into the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift the flours, cocoa and baking powder. Beat it into the chocolate mixture. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop teaspoon size balls onto baking sheet, press down slightly. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp on the outside. They may be a little soft in the middle--this is the melted chocolate. Allow to cool on the tray.