Recipe by Norahs Girl
A simple fish dish that is also tasty and ideal for a midweek family meal.
Top Review by Shazzie
Quick, easy and very tasty. Even my fish-picky friend thoroughly enjoyed this dish. I used whole grain bread for the crumbs, lemon-pepper on the fish and added 1 tsp turmeric and some garlic chives to the yoghurt mixture - deelish! I also halved the amount of fish but kept all other measurements the same which made a suitable amount of topping-to-fish for my taste. A forgiving, versatile recipe and a keeper for me. Thank you :)
- 800 g hake fillets (or any other white fish)
- 125 ml milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 200 ml fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper, diced
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 500 ml plain yogurt
- 1 extra-large egg, whisked
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 125 ml grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Spray a 29 cm ovenproof dish with non-stick spray Soak the fish fillets in 125 ml milk for a few minutes Drain the fish and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the fish fillets in the prepared dish.
- Sauté the onion, peppers and mushrooms in a little oil until tender and spoon over the fish.
- Blend the plain yoghurt and whisked egg and pour over the fish.
- Arrange the tomato slices on top and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the egg mixture has set and is lightly browned on top.